DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
USAID/Nigeria contracted DevTech Systems on a four-year activity known as the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Program, which is designed to provide USAID and its implementing partners with continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation and learning plans, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management. The MEL Program is recruiting for a Team Leader/ Senior Evaluation Specialist for the PQM mid-term evaluation.
DevTech seeks a motivated, charismatic Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to join the Nigeria MEL Team, based in Abuja, Nigeria. The DCOP will join an established team of ME&L Specialists and Operations staff on a fast-paced project that is consistently expected to deliver high quality work to USAID/Nigeria (performance evaluations, reporting systems, field-based monitoring, and learning).
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing successful program management and operations processes as well as strong technical expertise in conducting monitoring and evaluation, developing data visualizations, and writing and editing evaluation reports. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
- The DCOP will support technical work in reviewing and implementing improved reporting methods; conduct trainings for USAID staff; recruiting for evaluation teams; participating in evaluations, data quality assessments and other special studies; overseeing field-based monitoring efforts in partnership with the COP; and supporting the continual improvements to the Performance Reporting System.
- Support day to day project management
- Support quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract Support the mid-course stocktaking in preparation for the 2018 Country Development Cooperation Strategies
- Support annual and semi-annual portfolio reviews and Performance and Plan Reports, developing high-quality data visualizations in collaboration with USAID/Nigeria technical offices, as necessary
- Support evaluation teams, data quality assessment teams, and field-based monitors with operational and technical support as needed, developing timelines, reviewing workplans, ensuring high-quality reports are submitted in accordance with agreed upon timelines
- Support the development and improvement of the Performance Reporting System, in collaboration with the M&E Specialist for Systems and the development subcontractor
- Support the Mission’s agenda regarding collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) with learning events for USAID/Nigeria following DQAs and evaluations
- At least 8 years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation, preferably including experience in Nigeria, Western Africa or Sub-Saharan Africa
- An advanced degree (master’s degree required) in a sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Nigeria activities (e.g., economics, public policy, international development, statistics, health/HIV/TB, education, agriculture, democracy and governance)
- A proven record of excellent management, strategic thinking and decision-making, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including being a strong writer and articulate speaker
- Experience in developing indicators, collecting quantitative/qualitative data and conducting statistical analysis, conducting data quality assessments for USAID, performance monitoring and reporting, designing and conducting performance or impact evaluations, and data visualizations
- Experience conceptualizing, building and using knowledge management systems
- Availability and willingness to relocate to Abuja, Nigeria and conduct regular travel within Nigeria
- Excel and SPSS or Stata for quantitative data analysis; Dedoose or similar software for qualitative data analysis
- Tableau or other current data visualization software
Terms: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent assessment of performance. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for contracting and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.