DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech Systems is currently implementing the USAID/Nigeria-funded activity known as the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Program, which is designed to provide USAID and its implementing partners with continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation and learning plans, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
DevTech seeks a motivated, charismatic Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to join the Nigeria MEL Team, based in Abuja, Nigeria. The DCOP will join an established team of monitoring, evaluation, and learning specialists and operations staff on a fast-paced project that is consistently expected to deliver high quality work to USAID/Nigeria (performance evaluations, reporting systems, field-based monitoring, and learning).
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing successful program management and operations processes as well as strong technical expertise in conducting monitoring and evaluation, developing data visualizations, and writing and editing evaluation reports. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support day-to-day project management.
- Review and implement improved reporting methods.
- Conduct training workshops for USAID staff.
- Recruit technical evaluation team members.
- Participate in evaluations, data quality assessments, and other special studies.
- Oversee field-based monitoring efforts in partnership with the COP.
- Provide quality control and ensure overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract.
- Support the mid-course stocktaking in preparation for the 2018 Country Development Cooperation Strategies.
- Support annual and semi-annual portfolio reviews and Performance and Plan Reports, developing high-quality data visualizations in collaboration with USAID/Nigeria technical offices, as necessary.
- Support evaluation teams, data quality assessment teams, and field-based monitors with operational and technical support as needed, developing timelines, reviewing workplans, ensuring high-quality reports are submitted in accordance with agreed upon timelines.
- Support the development and improvement of the Performance Reporting System, in collaboration with the M&E Specialist for Systems and the development subcontractor.
- Support the Mission’s agenda regarding collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) with learning events for USAID/Nigeria following DQAs and evaluations.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in M&E, preferably in Nigeria, Western Africa, or Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must possess at least a master's degree in a sector relevant to USAID/Nigeria activities (e.g., economics, public policy, international development, statistics, health/HIV/TB, education, agriculture, democracy and governance).
- A proven record of excellent management, strategic thinking and decision-making, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing indicators, collecting quantitative/qualitative data and conducting statistical analysis, conducting data quality assessments for USAID, performance monitoring and reporting, designing and conducting performance or impact evaluations, and data visualizations.
- Experience conceptualizing, building, and using knowledge management systems.
- Availability and willingness to conduct regular travel within Nigeria.
- Advanced understanding using Excel; SPSS or Stata for quantitative data analysis; Dedoose or similar software for qualitative data analysis; and Tableau, or other current data visualization software.
- English fluency is required.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.