DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with 34 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in policy changes through focused data analysis. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
The Senior Technical Director will lead or supervise project teams implementing a variety of M&E programming, including projects funded by USAID, U.S. Department of State (DoS), among other USG agencies. The Senior Technical Director will contribute to all activities along the project business cycle, starting with proposal development, and ending with submitting deliverables to the client. The position is located at the DevTech home office in Arlington, VA, while some travel to project sites around the world is expected.
Technical Support Responsibilities
- Review, draft, and or support the development of sections of evaluation reports, presentations,and other contractual deliverables.
- Oversee the development of M&E methodologies and tools, such as evaluation designs,sampling plans, survey instruments and protocols, and work plans.
- Lead or conduct research independently, or as a member of a team, implementing a project.
- Superverse data collection tasks of existing contracts.
- Lead or perform conduct statistical analyses (using STATA, R, or other statistical software), andsupervise data entry and manipulation process.
- Conduct quality assurance for final deliverables to the client
- Supervise and provide leadership to the home office project managers, junior and mid-leveltechnical staff implementing assigned projects.
- Oversee, provide leadership, and conduct quality assurance to the teams of consultantimplementing monitoring, evaluation, and research projects.
- Be contact person for the clients on assigned projects; keep and strengthen client relations.
- Manage contract budgets, oversee contracting, consultant hiring and other processes on assignedprojects when necessary.
New Business Development
- Provide technical inputs or lead development of technical proposals in area of M&E, includingresponses to Task Orders under IDIQ mechanisms with both DoS and USAID.
- Provide input into development of proposal budgets, identification of potential consultants, andpartners, etc.
- Identify and bring to the attention of the new business departments potential opportunities with new or existing clients.
- Represent DevTech, as needed, at seminars, conferences, meetings, and professional events to strengthen networks and contribute to the M&E business development strategy of DevTech.
- Education: M.A./M.S. in Economics, International Relations, Statistics, and or similar discipline required. Doctoral degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience and demonstrated practical skills in Monitoring and Evaluation of government-funded programs, preferably for USAID and DoS-funded programs.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of USAID procedures and regulations; Possess a demonstrable knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation of government-funded projects, International Development, or Economics; Familiarity with proposal development for donors, especially USAID desired. Knowledge of methods of statistical analysis is highly desired.
- Skills: Strong organization, personal communication and writing skills; Proficiency with Office tools and proficiency with at least one of the major packages for statistical analysis is required, STATA or R preferred; Competency in training is highly desired, Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Languages: Fluency in English; proficiency in Spanish, French or other languages is desired