DevTech Systems, Inc. (Devtech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in policy changes through focused data analysis. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
Under direction of the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, the M&E Specialist will participate in implementation of evaluations of projects funded by USAID, DoS, and other USG agencies, and will provide technical support to monitoring, evaluation, and learning project implementation teams. The position is located at DevTech home office in Arlington, VA, but frequent travel to project sites around the world is expected.
M&E Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
Technical Support Responsibilities
- Draft or support the development of sections of evaluation reports, presentations, and other contractual deliverables.
- Provide input on the development of M&E methodologies and tools, such as evaluation designs, sampling plans, survey instruments and protocols, and work plans.
- Conduct literature reviews and other research activities.
- Support the data collection tasks of existing contracts; develop data entry templates and final data sets; conduct data entry and coding; perform data cleaning tasks and other data quality measures; conduct statistical analyses (using STATA or R).
- Support development of project proposals as necessary.
Program Support Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support in the mobilization of awarded M&E contracts; support consultant recruitment and on-boarding.
- Provide backstopping support in the management of existing M&E contracts including, but not limited to, invoicing and payments; travel and logistics; tracking deliverables, timelines and levels of effort; monitoring budgets, and closeout tasks.
- Education: M.A./M.S. in Economics, International Relations, Statistics.
- Experience: Minimum of five years in international development related to program support for candidates with bachelor degree. Experience working with USAID or Department of State projects is desired.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of USAID procedures and regulations; Possess a demonstrable knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation of government projects, International Development, or Economics; Familiarity with proposal development for donors, especially USAID desired. Knowledge of methods of statistical analysis is highly desired.
- Skills: Strong organization, personal communication and writing skills; Proficiency with Office tools - must be a power user and show deep proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat; Proficiency with at least one of the major packages for statistical analysis is required, STATA or R preferred; Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Languages: Fluency in English; proficiency in Spanish, French or other languages is desired.
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.