DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech manages the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The Activity provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
DevTech is recruiting a team of HIV/AIDS and Data Quality Assessment (DQA) Experts to conduct a DQA for HIV-TB office of USAID/Nigeria. The DQA team, together with USAID and MEL Activity staff, will assess PEPFAR HIV indicators to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the data that implementing partners (IP) report to USAID. The field work, to be conducted throughout Nigeria, from May to June 2018, will apply rigorous methods and criteria for DQAs to understand the extent to which data can be relied on for management and programming decisions.
Scope of Work:
- Develop and finalize the DQA protocols, site selection methodology, and site visit plan with input from USAID/Nigeria’s HIV/TB Office and the MEL Activity technical team.
- With input from USAID/Nigeria’s HIV/TB Office and the MEL Activity, finalize materials for a data assessor training, and lead training exercise with the MEL Activity’s Senior MEL Specialists and Chief of Party, with participation from the HIV/TB Office.
- Participate and supervise, with input from the MEL Activity technical staff, the field activities of 4-6 teams of data assessors being supervised by DQA Specialist, over a 1-2-month period in different states within Nigeria. The field activities will involve:
- Conduct of multiple IP M&E Systems Assessments for select HIV program indicators at IP central levels, intermediate and service delivery/sub-contractor levels (as appropriate); and
- Review the data quality of select HIV program indicators against the ADS 201 guideline.
- Review and provide relevant feedback on daily reports of DQA activities and findings submitted by DQA specialists and DQA assessors.
- Coordinate debrief meeting of DQA findings by DQA specialists and DQA assessors at the DevTech Nigeria office following the state DQA visits.
- Compile site visit reports and validate data into coherent DQA reports with support from the DQA Specialists.
- Develop PowerPoint presentation for the debrief with the HIV-TB office of USAID/Nigeria with support from the DQA Specialists.
- Recommend actionable recommendations to address emerging data quality issues and M&E system issues identified.
- Carry out other DQA tasks as assigned by the MEL Activity’s Senior MEL Specialists and Chief of Party.
Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule:
- Work plan and DQA methodology and protocol.
- Training of DQA Assessors.
- In-brief with HIV-TB technical office of USAID/Nigeria.
- DQA State visits (to include supervision of DQA assessors during state field visit).
- Debrief with HIV-TB technical office of USAID/Nigeria, to include PowerPoint presentation on methodology, key findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Draft DQA report.
- Final DQA report, incorporating feedback from USAID/Nigeria and the MEL Activity.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- MD or MPH in Epidemiology, Medicine, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in M&E, preferably with experience working on PEPFAR-funded HIV projects establishing M&E systems, finalizing results frameworks, PMPs, M&E plans and M&E databases.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in leading and managing rigorous and evidence-based DQAs.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in conducting training workshops on M&E methodologies, data collection and analysis, and findings dissemination sessions using DQA findings.
- Demonstrated experience writing evaluation reports and data quality assessment reports for USAID or other donors.
- Sound knowledge of the USAID ADS policy especially guidance and requirements on DQAs.
- Familiarity with conducting qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis in SPSS, Stata, Nvivo or Excel for DQA.
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English (FSI 4 level).
- Experience in Nigeria or Western Africa preferred.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.