DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech manages the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The Activity provides continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation planning and management, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
DevTech is requesting CVs for a pool of evaluation team leaders, evaluation specialists, and health supply chain experts for an HIV/TB evaluation. The purpose of the evaluation is to assess the extent to which the activity is on track to meeting its key objectives; and identify promising practices, unmet needs, or unintended consequences from implementation of the activity. The evaluation will be utilized to make decisions for possible modification of the activity for its duration and/or for follow-on activities.
Illustrative Scope of Work:
- Review background documents and preparation work, as provided by USAID/Nigeria’s Office of HIV/TB.
- Prepare for and attend team planning meetings and in-brief with USAID, including contributing to the development of the in-brief PowerPoint presentation, appropriately formatted to the USAID ADS Style and Format Guide.
- Contribute to the development and revisions of workplan and data collection tools.
- Support planning and arranging logistics for the field work, including reaching out to and scheduling interviews with stakeholders; identifying suitable stakeholders for interviews; and ensuring meeting locations.
- Incorporate USAID and MEL team feedback into the workplan and data collection tools, as necessary and to the satisfaction of USAID/Nigeria.
- Conduct information and data collection activities (key informant interviews and focus group discussions) in Abuja and throughout Nigeria.
- Contribute to the development of the draft evaluation report, incorporating feedback from USAID/Nigeria and the MEL team.
- Support the preparation and presentation of preliminary findings/exit brief to USAID/Nigeria’s Office of HIV/TB.
- Contribute to the development of final evaluation report, and consideration and inclusion of USAID’s feedback until USAID/Nigeria’s Office of HIV/TB accepts and approves the final version of the evaluation report.
- Contribute to the development of the 2-3 page summary of the evaluation methodology, findings, conclusions and recommendations.
Illustrative Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule:
- 1-3 page summary highlighting key findings from desk review, noting important documents, findings, questions, and missing documents.
- Work plan (draft prior to international travel; final after in-brief with USAID/Nigeria technical office).
- Evaluation design and data collection protocols (draft prior to international travel; final after in-brief with USAID/Nigeria technical office).
- In-brief presentation materials.
- Interview notes for each key informant interview and focus group discussion.
- Evaluation Report.
- 2-3 page summary highlighting evaluation methodology, key findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
Sample Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Medical Doctor or Master’s in Public Health, Epidemiology, Medicine, or a related field;
- At least eight to ten years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably with experience working on PEPFAR-funded HIV and/or supply chain projects establishing M&E systems, finalizing results frameworks, PMPs, M&E plans and M&E databases;
- Extensive demonstrated experience in leading and managing rigorous and evidence-based evaluations;
- Extensive demonstrated experience in conducting trainings on M&E methodologies, data collection and analysis, and findings dissemination sessions using DQA findings;
- Demonstrated experience writing evaluation reports for USAID or other donors;
- Sound knowledge of the USAID ADS policy
- Familiarity with conducting qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis in SPSS, Stata, Nvivo or Excel for data quality assessments;
For the health supply chain expert position:
- Experience with end-to-end supply chain principles, practices, and processes, including operational supply chain experience
- Knowledge of one or more aspects of supply chain management, including demand management and forecasting, inventory control and replenishment management, transportation, warehousing and distribution
- Strong working knowledge and ability to apply supply chain performance indicators
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English (FSI 4 level) skills;
- Experience in Nigeria or Western Africa (preferred)
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.