DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management. The Training Manager will work on the new Analytics, Data, Visualization, and Information Services (ADVISE) project. ADVISE’s main purpose is to improve the usage of USAID data and information, so that the Agency continues to ensure its development outcomes are supported by evidence.
The Training Manager main role is to lead the design of trainings to build the data literacy and capacity of USAID. The Training Manager will enhance the capacity of USAID staff to take advantage of data assets and other digital resources and overseeing the development of an Agency-wide data training framework and curriculum. The Training Manager will create data management capacity across the Agency, to foster a culture of evidence-based learning, and to create a cadre of formally trained data professionals that are entrusted with specific data stewardship roles.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team to conduct and coordinate activities to train and otherwise enhance the capacity of USAID staff to take advantage of data assets and other digital resources.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of in-person/online/mission training programs.
- Coordinate closely with other USAID operating units to garner joint participation and to identify on-line and in-person training venues.
- Implement best practices in adult learning and distance learning; train stakeholders from a wide variety of backgrounds, with varying levels of expertise; and help maintain online resource or learning libraries.
- Create and catalyze communities of interest, both online and offline, while leveraging existing networks whenever possible.
- Manage the engagement with external stakeholders to host joint trainings or foster mutual learning opportunities and exchanges. Coordinate closely with other USAID operating units to garner joint participation and to identify on-line and in-person training venues.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree or higher in one or more fields related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration, knowledge management, political science, economics, development studies or closely related, inter-disciplinary fields. Advanced training in distributive or KM preferred.
- Progressively responsible, professional-level experience in organizational or action learning, development and/or knowledge management.
- Expertise in technologies enabling distributed learning and peer to peer exchange, including KM, audio technologies, and other related skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in interpreting monitoring and evaluation analysis and subsequently developing and leading collaboration, learning and adapting programs among various stakeholders in international development contexts.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural contexts.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.